“Global Citizens. Local Challenges”– Shape Europe 2015 in Vilnius will aspire to build the capacity and impact of local shapers initiatives by finding ways and enabling the mobilisation of European and Global shapers to use their networks, skills and knowledge crossing the national and regional boundaries. Come to Vilnius – inspire others and get inspired yourself.
Get to know each other/non-formal networking at Comfort Hotel, Kauno street 14, Vilnius
Welcome reception by Mayor of Vilnius R. Šimašius, WEF, special programme to participants, VIP guests, conference partners
A quick introduction to Vilnius city.
1st Day wrap-up/Networking at Kultūros Baras Kablys
at ISM University of Management and Economics, Arklių street 18, Vilnius (3 rūmai)
by World Economic Forum Representatives, Global Shapers.
The power of youth in todays’ society.
1. Stephan Chambers (Oxford University Said Business School/Skoll Centre of Social Entrepreneurship);
2. Arnoldas Pranckevičius (European Parliament);
3. Bettina Hirzinger (The Impact HUB);
4. Vytis Jurkonis (Freedom House/Vilnius University);
5. Adeyemi Babington-Ashaye (WEF/Global Shapers representative)
6. Marina Zayats (Global Shapers Frankfurt HUB);
Moderator: Darius Udrys
The Impact of Business
short coffee break
by Alberto Levy
a short break for lunch
Redesigning educational systems.
– Education for Social Change – Y. Gaboune
– How education can help overcome gender gap? – E.Lesčinskaitė
– Skills-set for future leaders to overcome global challenges – S. Chambers
– How can ICT make stronger impact in education– online vs. offline? A. Mark
– Higher education beyond job creation – T. A. Bryer
at Trinity Bar, Vilniaus street 30
A quick introduction to the day activities.
(different good case practices to scale globally)
Time to eat and get ready for the rest of the day.
Dinner at Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania
(Coca-Cola) on cooperation at Comfort Hotel LT, Kauno street 14, Vilnius.
Global Shapers will meet fantastic speakers from Lithuania and abroad, participate in panels, group works, introduce their projects, work on new ideas and shape Europe to be a better place to live.